3rd Shift | Full-Time | Plymouth, WI.
Do you love motorcycles, snowmobiles, and all other types of power sports engines? Ready to turn your career up to 10,000 RPMs?! Millennium Technologies is looking for a Honing Technician.
Honing technicians operate a honing machine that hones cylinders to size indicated on work screen within standard specs. Understands Millennium Technologies processes thoroughly. Candidate must be willing to work assigned hours that may be subject to change with production demands. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Hone cylinders to size indicated on work screen within standard specifications.
- Use a dial bore gauge while honing to check sizes.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Start and stop honing machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Write sizes on cylinders.
- Organize cylinders by due dates on honing shelf.
- Keep dept work areas clean and safe.
- Understand Millennium Technologies processes for work to be done on normal routine jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to add and subtract
- Knowledge of how to use precise measuring equipment and tools
- Working knowledge of a computer and soft ware programs
- Able to grasp and learn quickly
- Complete tasks in a timely matter
- Follow directions
- Stand for long periods of time
- Be able to lift 5-10 pounds approximately 10 x an hour on a consistent basis
- Night owl. This is third shift. 9:00 PM – 6:00 AM Sunday through Thursday. Work at night, play during the day. If this is not your lifestyle, then the extra money for third shift may not be for you.
- Be able to lift 50# consistently with another person 1x per every 3 hours on a weekly basis
- Be able to lift arms to shoulder height and above on a consistent basis
Ability to read, ability to write/ type specified documentation. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
Ability to measure and interpret measuring tools, gauges, data and document accordingly.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Pay Range, Additional Benefits, and More:
– Starting at $19.50 plus $1.50 shift premium. Must be able to train for undetermined amount of time on 1st before moving to 3rd.
– Excellent Benefits Package including health, retirement, and vacation options.
– Laid back, fun work environment.
– Education Development Opportunities.